About Google Updates
Google makes numerous changes to the way it organises (ranks) websites for every search. Most changes are small, but there are a few each year — known as Core Updates — that everyone should be paying attention to as it can drastically change your position and which page you appear on. Studies find that most people don’t search past the second page, and it takes a lot of work to reach those first two results pages.
Below is a list of recent updates and how your website should adapt.
- Strong, quality link profiles
- Smaller websites with quality content
- Possibly large websites
- Category and tag pages that don’t cater for 'searcher intent’, as they have no clear focus
- Mainly large websites
- Trustworthy sites
- Those with great content
- A mix of all size websites
- Largely not destination sites
- Without great content plans